Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sweet Nothings

The other day, as I was cleaning the kitchen and Jared was having some dessert, Gabby called...I think maybe this might have been the 4th or 5th time that they had talked that day...Now, most of us would run out of things to say at some point, or perhaps get bored with the whole "girlfriend-boyfriend" talking thing, but not those two.  I found myself smiling as I listened to the two of them, talking, laughing, pausing for really long times, but they were so okay with that. Content to just hold eachother through the phone lines, happy to just be. I told my husband later that I am so pleased that Jared and Gabby have eachother, and that often the highlight of their days are just to hear eachother on the other end of the phone. They are lucky, those two. And I am so so grateful for Gabby and for who she has been in Jared's life.  My son, my sweet boy/man has Down Syndrome, but he is still able to enjoy the company of someone who thinks he walks on water and someone who ,I'm sure ,Jared feels hung the moon. 

1 comment:

  1. And I am honored to just read about the union they have! If all of us only felt this simple, beautiful love! What a wonderful world it would truly be!

    ReplyDelete