Monday, June 16, 2014

Brothers Still...

They argue; they fight; they say they will NEVER hang out when they are older. They wonder why Jared is so grumpy sometimes; their frustration displays itself in the form of teasing, arguing, and tears. They ask when he is going to move out. The older one never says it, but I think he wonders who will "parent" Jared when I'm gone. He's nervous about that one, I know. That too, keeps me awake at night. I want to assure him that I am doing everything I can to make sure that Jared will be taken care of and that they will just have to love him.  And they do; love him I mean. Because given all that they say, yesterday, when I followed the sounds of  cheering and clapping and yells of encouragement, I found them...one holding Jared tightly and saying "peddle! peddle! peddle!" The other jumping up and down screaming, "You can do it! You can do it!" as Jared, flanked by his two brothers, with a huge smile on his face, peddled a much too small bike up and down the driveway. And each time, when he fell, they were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment